About this time last year I published Scientists, Politicians Take Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Threat Seriously. Human Exposure to EM Fields
. There have been a few events relating to EMP that have transpired over the last year, that I wanted to bring to your attention.
First of all to bring to your attention is Dr. Peter Vincent Pry, a former CIA weapons expert, forty five minute long podcast
, on both natural and man-made EMP threats.
Secondly Dr. Pry's site, EMPACT America
is a bipartisan, non-profit (with IRS 501(c)4 status) organization for citizens concerned about protecting the American People from a nuclear or natural electromagnetic pulse (EMP) catastrophe.
"The EMP Commission and the National Academy of Sciences warn that a catastrophic EMP event can also occur naturally, from a great geomagnetic storm, with effects virtually identical to those of a nuclear EMP attack, and that such a storm is inevitable, occurring every century or so. Great geomagnetic storms have occurred in the past, but not since the advent of the modern electronic age. Some scientists estimate that the world is overdue for a great geomagnetic storm, that could occur during the next cycle of solar activity, in 2012."
There are a couple items before the politicians, whom are playing political games with our future, that you need to spend some time studying: SHEILDAct
, also known as H.R. 668
,see below, and Guard The Grid
. Give your political representative
a call, and tell them to stop screwing around.
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
This Act may be cited as the 'Secure High-voltage Infrastructure for Electricity from Lethal Damage Act' or the 'SHIELD Act'.
SEC. 2. FINDINGS.
The Congress makes the following findings:
(1) According to the Report of the Commission to Assess the Threat to the United States from Electromagnetic Pulse Attack (in this Act referred to as the 'EMP Commission Report'), the society and economy of the United States are 'critically dependent upon the availability of electricity.'.
(2) According to the EMP Commission Report, 'continued electrical supply is necessary for sustaining water supplies, production and distribution of food, fuel, communications, and everything else that is part of our economy'.
(3) According to the EMP Commission Report, 'contemporary U.S. society is not structured, nor does it have the means, to provide for the needs of nearly 300 million Americans without electricity.'.
(4) According to the EMP Commission Report, due to the existing electrical system operating at or near its physical capacity, `a relatively modest upset to the system can cause functional collapse.'.
(5) According to the EMP Commission Report, electromagnetic pulse (in this Act referred to as 'EMP') is a threat to the overall electrical power system.
(6) According to the EMP Commission Report, EMP occurs both naturally, such as geomagnetic storms, and via man-made devices.
(7) According to the EMP Commission Report, while the electric infrastructure `has a degree of durability against . . . the failure of one or a small number of [electric] components,' the current strategy for recovery leaves the United States ill-prepared to respond effectively to an EMP attack that would potentially result in damage to vast numbers of components nearly simultaneously over an unprecedented geographic scale.
(8) According to the EMP Commission Report, EMP 'may couple ultimately unmanageable currents and voltages into an electrical system routinely operated with little margin and cause the collapse of large portions of the electrical system.'.
(9) According to the EMP Commission Report, a collapse of large portions of the electrical system will result in significant periods of power-outage and `restoration from collapse or loss of significant portions of the system [will be] exceedingly difficult.'.
(10) According to the EMP Commission Report, 'should the electrical power system be lost for any substantial period of time . . . the consequences are likely to be catastrophic to civilian society.'.
(11) According to the EMP Commission Report, 'the Commission is deeply concerned that [negative] impacts [on the electric infrastructure] are certain in an EMP event unless practical steps are taken to provide protection for critical elements of the electric system.'.
See also The Report of the Commission to Assess the Threat to the U.S. from Electromagnetic Pulse Attack, 2005
, and Testimony of Dr. Michael J. Frankel Information submitted for the record house homeland security committee hearing cyber security and other (EMP) threats to the power grid JULY 21, 2009
Projections for the current solar cycle are that there will be increasing solar storm activity in 2012 and 2013. I wonder if this is any coincidence coinciding with the Earth's aliment with the center of the galaxy on December 21st, 2012, the day the Mayan Calendar ends? This alignment happens once every 25,920 years (72 years to move one degree of a 360 degree circle). EMP Gama burst anyone?...